Power & Utilities
Developments in this category can range from a new power station down to a small sub-station or water pump. Noise sources can often operate at any time within the 24 hours, when existing noise levels are at their lowest. Rural locations and sources located externally can add to the noise control challenges.
One particular type of development that usually requires a specific noise assessment is wind farms. The company is experienced in carrying out assessments to the requirements of ETSU-R-97.
We have broad experience across the sector including long-term contracts with a number of utilities providers to assist with large scale modernisation and expansion schemes.
We can provide the following services:
- Noise surveys;
- Computerised prediction of site noise levels;
- Assessment of potential noise impact using relevant guidelines;
- Design of noise mitigation measures;
- Preparation of noise chapters for Environmental Statements;
- Expert witness for public inquiries;
- Noise monitoring to demonstrate compliance with planning conditions; and
- Complaint investigation.
Looking for some advice?
Find your nearest office below or call us on 0161 242 7900