Housing & Residential
When planning and building new residential developments, acoustics is an important consideration. Planning noise assessments are required for many residential sites to ensure that residential amenity is protected for future residents, and adequate sound insulation between dwellings is an important design requirement, particularly in apartment developments.
Mechanical services plant often needs to be assessed to determine that noise and vibration will not cause significant noise impact on existing noise sensitive premises. Hotel developments need noise assessments to ensure that environmental noise is reduced to acceptable levels and adequate sound insulation is provided between rooms.
We have a long history of assessing noise and vibration for all sizes of residential developer. Planning assessments have been carried out for all types of noise impact, and design and testing of sound insulation measures to Approved Document E of the Building Regulations has been carried out for new build and conversions.
We are proud to have worked with most of the major house builders providing noise and vibration services at all stages of residential development including:
- Noise and vibration surveys for planning applications;
- Assessing sound insulation between dwellings;
- Predicting the potential noise impact of the proposed development;
- Detailing mitigation measures to attenuate environmental noise;
- Provision of comprehensive noise reports to support planning applications;
- Expert witness services for planning appeals;
- Sound insulation testing; and
- Assessment of noise complaints and recommendations for remedial measures
Looking for some advice?
Find your nearest office below or call us on 0161 242 7900