Health Technical Memorandum 08-01: Acoustics (HTM 08-01) is a Department of Health document setting out acoustic design criteria for healthcare buildings. The document recommends a set of design criteria to control noise levels and reverberation in spaces; sound insulation between spaces; speech intelligibility and vibration.
The requirements of HTM 08-01, whilst not a part of the Building Regulations, do form the basis of the acoustic requirements for Healthcare buildings in the context of BREEAM. We can assist in meeting demanding end-user requirements with cost-effective solutions.
Our services for healthcare projects include:
- Noise surveys for planning applications and the design of building envelope sound insulation;
- Specifying appropriate sound insulation between spaces;
- Advice on building services noise control;
- Design of internal room acoustics using acoustic modelling software; and
- Supervision of acoustic works in progress and acoustic commissioning testing.
Looking for some advice?
Find your nearest office below or call us on 0161 242 7900