Transportation is the largest source of environmental noise in the world today. New transportation schemes can generate significant levels of noise over large areas, whether they are road, rail or airport schemes. We have many years of experience of dealing with major transportation schemes and carrying out the detailed noise and vibration assessments required for complex infrastructure schemes. This work has included dealing with public exhibition and Public Inquiry work as well as the technical assessments.
Our work has involved carrying out the detailed studies using the prediction methodologies contained in Calculation of Road Traffic Noise and Calculation of Rail Noise, and the assessment methodologies using the Noise Insulation Regulations 1988, Noise Insulation (Railway) Regulations 1996 and DMRB.
Our noise and vibration services include:
- Noise surveys for planning applications;
- Predicting road, railway and aircraft noise;
- Assessing the potential noise impact of the proposed development;
- Detailing noise mitigation measures;
- Provision of comprehensive noise reports to support planning applications;
- Expert witness services for planning hearings; and
- Assessment of noise complaints and recommendations for remedial measures.
Looking for some advice?
Find your nearest office below or call us on 0161 242 7900