Minerals Technical Advice Note 1: Aggregates (MTAN 1) was produced in 2009 and provides the detailed advice from the Welsh Government in relation to aggregates extraction in Wales.
The document sets out a number of criteria and planning conditions that can be used to control noise and vibration from aggregates extraction, including;
Providing mineral resources to meet society's needs
- Current Aggregates production;
- Future demand;
- Future supply;
- Protecting areas of importance;
- Reducing the impact of aggregates production;
- Restoration and aftercare;
- Efficiency of use/recycling;
- Annexes on Regional Aggregates Working Parties (RAWPs), Reclamation to Agriculture, Soil, Planting and seeding.